Integrated Marine Biogeochemistry and Ecosystem Research (IMBER)
Open Science Conference
“Future Oceans – Research for marine sustainability: multiple stressors, drivers, challenges and solutions”
23-27 June 2014, Bergen, Norway
Call for Abstracts – Reminder!
The Integrated Biogeochemistry and Ecosystem Research (IMBER) Project will convene an Open Science Conference from 23-27 June 2014 in Bergen, Norway, with the goals of:
· highlighting research results from the IMBER project and activities,
· promoting integrated syntheses of IMBER-relevant research, and
· developing a new global research agenda for marine biogeochemistry and ecosystems in the Anthropocene.
Plenary Speakers for our Conference include:
· Alida Bundy (Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Canada) – Dead ends and grasping hands: failed governance and the need to integrate human-ocean interactions into global change research
· Claudio Campagna (Wildlife Conservation Society, Argentina) – Marine biodiversity and conservation in the time of global change
· Jean-Pierre Gattuso (CNRS, Lab. d'Océanographie de Villefranche, France) – Drivers of, and responses to, ocean acidification
· Nicolas Gruber (ETH Zurich, Switzerland) – Warming up, turning sour, losing breath: The regional perspective
· Alistair Hobday (CSIRO, Australia) – Climate change impacts and adaptation options for high trophic level marine species
· Eileen Hofmann (Old Dominion University, USA) – Introduction to the Conference
· Corinne Le Quéré (University of East Anglia, UK) – Perspectives on Future Earth for the marine research community
· Kon-Kee Liu (National Central University, Taiwan) – Anthropogenic impacts on biogeochemical processes and ecosystems in continental margins: Lessons learned from cases around the globe and future perspective
· Coleen Moloney (University of Cape Town, South Africa) – Foodweb and biogeochemistry in a changing marine environment
· Carol Robinson (University of East Anglia, UK) – Conference’s Synthesis
The list of contributed sessions and workshops is available here.
The Call for Abstracts is open!
Deadline for abstract submission: 31 January 2014.
This is in a week! ; )
Contributions are welcome from all marine research communities!
We encourage you to submit an abstract, and we look forward to meeting you in Bergen.
Please forward this call widely!
IMBER IPO, on behalf of the Organising Committees